Do you ever feel like the weekends always go by way too fast? Before you know it, it’s Monday again and everything that you had planned to get done never did. Things like laundry, meal planning, working out and the list goes on. This week, I have decided to post a daily workout for you along with other content that will hopefully help simplify your busy lifestyles. Today you will see the daily workout is a 30 minute AMRAP (which I will explain below) as well as my Whole 30 weekly meal plan for this week!
I encourage you to get your family involved. Not only in the workout portion but also in the meal prepping. I know it can get overwhelming at times but I have found that the more you can plan ahead and incorporate your family, the less daunting and more fun it can be!
What is the Whole 30?
In short, the Whole 30 is where you take out 7 different foods for 30 days that can cause inflammation in your gut and then gradually add them back in to see how your body is affected by them.
Now, if you have never heard of the Whole 30, have always thought about doing it or have started but never finished the full 30 days, then this post will give you the necessary tools to set you up for success.
You WILL be successful if you plan ahead, meal plan and actually prep your meals. You CAN do it! It is not impossible.
For those of you who are suffering with skin, stomach, memory, brain fog, or joint pain issues, I encourage you to give the Whole 30 a real shot! If you enjoy reading the science and like knowing the “why” behind things, then read the book, It Starts With Food by Melissa Hartwig. (It will change your life! I promise:)
Below, I have created for you a week‘s worth of Whole 30 meals to get you started!
Tips to having a successful Whole 30
- Plan your meals for the week
- Drink water before you think you are hungry
- Brush your teeth immediately after dinner to tame the “sugar dragon”
- CHEW your food!
- Eat slowly and put your fork down in between bites.
- Place sticky notes around your house to remind you “WHY” you are doing the Whole 30.
- DON’T BUY FOOD YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T EAT! Don’t be tempted by purchasing food you know you can’t have.
- Tell those around you what you are doing and why so that they can help hold you accountable and encourage you along the way
When you tell yourself you are going to commit to doing the Whole 30, don’t let anything stop you! I have had clients who struggled with stomach or skin issues their whole life until they committed to doing the Whole 30. It was the best decision they made for their health.
You can do this. Remember your “why” and you will be successful.
Will there be temptations? Absolutely! But your mind is a powerful muscle that you will be strengthening throughout the next 30 days. You can do this! Good luck, mama:)
Ok, the following workout is something that the whole family can do. Everyone can go at their own pace. You can also make it a little competition to see who can get in the most rounds in 30 minutes!
Just remember to perform the exercises properly and safely!
What is an AMRAP?
AMRAP stands for As Many Rounds As Possible. You will have 30 minutes (or however long you choose) to get in as many rounds of the following exercises as you can in 30 minutes. The goal is to keep your heart rate up, take as little rest as possible and perform all the reps for each exercise before moving on to the next one!
Ready to go!? You won’t need any equipment for this workout so grab your family, some water, a towel and a timer and get yourself mentally ready for your workout!
- 12 squats- get your hips and knees to 90 degrees every time
- 20 total walking lunges- get that knee to the ground each time! No cheating:)
- 12 push ups- do them from your knees or on your kitchen counter if you need to modify. Keep your core engaged and get your chest to the ground or counter.
- 60 second plank- Keep your core, butt, thighs, arms and anything else you can squeeze nice and tight! Drop to your knees if you start to lose form.
Alright, keep going with the above circuit until your timer reaches 30 minutes! Good luck and have fun!
Does not contain affiliate links